The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Time Sucking!

Happy Friday! The one day a week most people can't wait for to come. LOL Okay, even I look forward to it. :)

Talking about time sucking today because it's something I've been doing for the past week. I'm one of those writers which can throw a novel into being in three weeks. But then you put me in a everyday time frame and I can't seem to structure myself enough. Well... that might not be right, either. I use a timer for how long I can blog, promote and time suck. Yet I don't seem to be getting nearly enough done.

Some authors use the word count method everyday. This is when they have to write a certain amount of words a day. I don't believe in lying to myself, so this is something I don't do. With three children, a part-time job and a home that has been under construction for two years, I find it hard to do a word count.

So, how not to time suck and get something done? I don't know, besides sitting my ass down and ignoring the everyday things that life throws at me. I'm happiest when I'm writing. There is no moody Mommy, nasty nagger, or bitchy wife! Nope. I'm happy as a clam and just as playful. But why do us writers torture ourselves with putting off what we love to do? Why would we silence our voices when they're screaming inside to be heard? Hhhmmm.... I'm going to have to think about this because right now it's 7:45 AM and I need to get the kids off to school and myself to the out-of-the-house job. Too bad I'm in the mood to write! LOL

Have a Sparkling Day!
Rebecca Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment