The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review Wednesday: 'Potective Custody'

Review Wednesday has a hot erotic cop for you today! Damn, that Paige Tyler can write a story that gets you ready and wanting. This story makes me wish I was in some type of trouble and in need of Protective Custody!

PROTECTIVE CUSTODY by Paige Tyler
Paisley McCoy's office just got broken into. She didn't want to make a big deal about--after all, they didn't take anything. But then someone tries to get into her home, while she's there. Left with no choice but to tell her father, who just happens to be the Chief of Police for the SFPD, she must except that the hunky, by the book bodyguard her father assigned to protect her, might be the best distraction she's ever wanted.

He was on a stakeout, and now his chances of catching the SOB might be in jeopardy because he has to play babysitter to the Chief's daughter. But, when Inspector Gray Beckham feasts his eyes on the feisty Paisley, he has to not only protect her from a deadly, stop at nothing psycho, he also has to remember to keep his hands off of her. Something she's not making easy for him.
Warning: erotic sex, spanking, and one hell of a sexy cop!

*Giggles* Paige Tyler, I'm in love! And, by the way, the cover to this is soooo sexy! YUMMY
I loved the struggle between the two characters. Emotionally you didn't give away why Gray was so reluctant, too early. Paisley wasn't pushy, which at first I thought she'd be, and I was happy to see her emotions surface when she thought about losing him. The plot was full, and being the incredible sleuth that I am, the puzzle wasn't complete in my head until a page or two before the reveal! *round of applause* That's what I want!!  The sex scenes were incredible and all limbs were where they were supposed to be. Another big plus when doing these complex deliveries.

All and all, Ms. Tyler has delivered another story with heat and heart. If you're looking for a mystery with some erotic love, these character libidos will have you amazed!
Congratulations on Four Blue Roses!

Paige Tyler's website: http://www.paigetylertheauthor.com/intro.html   

Have a Sparkling Day!
Rebecca Rose

Next week I'll have the contemporary romance, Cowboys Dream Too, by Morgan Q O'Reilly

3 comments:

  1. Hey, great review.

    I love hot cops and fiesty heroines. This is definately something I'll be checking out. Thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really hot. Thanks for the review.
    Liz Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys stopped by!

    Have a Sparkling Day!
    Rebecca Rose

    ReplyDelete