The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Review Wednesday: 'Barbary Point'

Oh..My...Goodness! Do I have a treat for you today!!! I'm so excited because this is the first man I've had on my review site. His name is Alan Nayes and Barbary Point was his first attempt at a romance. Dude! He totally didn't disappoint. Sorry, my Western Massachusetts comes out when I get excited. So...


Barbary Point by Alan NayesKelly English just received the news that her father, who she hasn't seen or heard from since she was three, just died. At her mothers request, Kelly must go to Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin and close his estate. Kelly is hesitant, but her strong will pushes her to a destiny only the Gods could have foretold.

Once there, Kelly must face the reality of the man she never knew but longs to understand. With the help of Mitch Gabriel and an unexpected fishing trip, she discovers that love comes in many different forms and can last a lifetime.
Warning: The tears will flow.

Sometimes you read something and it changes you. You appreciate your life so much more and thank the heavens for the wonderful life you have. I finished this beautiful piece of fiction and then dreamed about it. How cool is that? I fell in love with the characters. My heart bleed when the inevitable happened and when it was over. Even now my eyes are starting to mist because my heart is weeping with joy and sadness. What an art form Barbary Point is. I saw the water, felt the wind and was over joyed with the discoveries. This novella will stay with me for a long time. Stories like this only come around once in a great while. If you want to feel, Barbary Point by Alan Nayes is a must read. You won't be disappointed!

Congratulations, Mr. Nayes on receiving the special Five and a Half Blue Roses! I'm so thrilled to have found Barbary Point.

Alan Nayes Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alan-Nayes/125860424139928 

Have a Sparkling Day!
Rebecca Rose

Next Week:  Protective Custody by Paige Tyler

3 comments:

  1. I seldom read a novel but last week someone whom I know gave me this Christmas gift: a novel named "Barbary Point" that was written by Alan Nayes and I kept reading and reading until the story ended. It is about a love story of a young and pretty woman named Kelly English who lives in Los Angeles with a wealthy older boyfriend makes a trip back to a small town of Wisconsin to sell a cottage that belongs to her late father, and suddenly she meets and falls in love with her late father's younger friend, a fisherman named Mitch Gabriel. Mitch teaches Kelly about the life of a fisherman and how to survive the rough sea,..... that Kelly is interested in because she wants to know more about her late father who was a fisherman and whom she knows little about since her parents divorced when she was little. Alan Nayes have been living in this area of Wisconsin since he was born so he wrote about the lake, the ocean, the fishermen' lives in a very accurate way. The love story is peaceful yet passionate, beautiful yet ill-fated, and romantic yet hopeless. I feel so happy that that "person" gave me this novel to read during this Christmas time. "Barbary Point" is a job well done by writer Alan Nayes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays:)

    Have a Sparkling Day!
    Rebecca Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I don't want Alan know who I am because I want him to wonder about me and keep thinking about me and keep guessing who I am, that is great! I saw him another day at some place but he didn't see me. I was too shy to come up to him and say hi to him. Anyway, I love reading Alan Nayes' "Barbary Point" because I love the ocean's view, the waves, the sunset on the ocean, the sailing boats, the sand, the wind, the seagulls, the blue color of the sky and the sea water, the mystery of the ocean's floor, the variety of colorful fish and sea creatures, the rains and the storms, the lightnings and the thunders above the sea,..... My imagination can go on and on with the ocean. So, I love reading Alan Nayes' "Barbary Point".

    ReplyDelete