The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Talkin' Tuesday with Rachel Leigh!

Today I have Rachel Leigh who blogging today about her favorite romantic movie and how it made her feel. 
Welcome Rachel Leigh!

Who would you think of if someone asked you to name your favorite screen or literary couple? Would it be Rhett and Scarlett, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy, Lancelot and Guinevere? My favorite is none of the above as much as I love all their stories and have read and re-read, watched and re-watched the adaptations of Gone With The Wind, Pride and Prejudice and The Legend of King Arthur over and over again.

As much as I love them, and it’s interesting that all my favorites are set in the past, they don’t quite hit the romantic spot that puts my absolute favorite does. This is a couple I wish I’d created, a couple whose story I wish had come into my imagination fully-formed and ready to tell. It has everything.

My favorite on screen couple were the hero and heroine from a movie released in 1997. A movie that earned the actress and director an Oscar and at the time, I think topped all previous box office ticket sales for a single movie. Any guesses?

No? Drum roll please…

My favorite onscreen couple are Jack and Rose from Titanic. Played to perfection by the beautiful Kate Winslet and gorgeously handsome Leonardo DiCaprio.

These two are the perfect romantic couple from their entirely different backgrounds, to the passion they can’t contain, the internal demons that haunt them and their ultimate fight to be together. Titanic is an epic film in every sense because it has something for everyone, male or female, young or old.

As well-known as the setting for this romantic tale is, it is Jack and Rose who make the movie. We are routing for them from the very first scenes, even before they come together and when the do meet…woo-hoo, sexual fireworks abound!

Great movie, great couple, great story – in fact, I’m going to put the DVD on right now, lol!

Rachel Leigh’s latest release is “Coming Back” which is available right now from The Wild Rose Press. Here is the blurb:

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean MacKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain.

Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.


She loves hearing from readers!

www.twitter.com/rachelwriter

Now we have fellow Honey Bee, Iris Deorre whose character Melisa hijacked her blog with me. WECOME!!
Day In The life of Melisa Sharpe

I woke up this morning with a throbbing headache. It wasn’t the glass of wine I’d drunk yesterday but the dream. I dreamt of water again, loud wave sounds of water crashing up against the bed. It was as if I was about to be taken by these waves and every time at the same point of the dream, when I see the woman in the white wedding dress I wake up! Who is she and why is she haunting my dreams?

Roy is still fast asleep as usual; we’re going away this weekend. Don’t ask me where, it’s a surprise I’m pretty excited. I’ve been waiting for this the whole week. He’s been preparing it; I hope we’re going somewhere nice somewhere I could perhaps escape these bizarre dreams. I know it sounds silly thinking you can escape your dreams but who knows a change of scenery might just do the trick.

I have a few things to do before we leave, visit the hairdressers for a long overdue hair cut. When I get back I’ll pack our bags. You probably thinking why I’d back his bag, yeah I know, I’ve spoilt him but what can I say, he’s my Roy. Oh before I forget, I’ll pop into Mango – not the fruit – the retailer after my visit to the   hairdressers. There’s this skirt I saw that would be perfect for our weekend break. Roy say’s he’s got  something special planned so I best get myself prepared by dressing right. Yeah, it’s just an excuse to get something new really!

I’ll leave Roy asleep for a bit longer and get myself something to eat but not before I have my barely grass. I’m a bit of a health freak, every morning before my cereal I force green barley down my throat Yuk! But oh so good for me, then it’s out for a short run but I think I’ll pass today. On a weekday mornings I’m at the gym sometimes especially when Roy’s working late. But today is lazy day and day for all good things to happen, well as soon as I get rid of my headache.

So it’s hairdressers, Mango and...hmm, yes how could I forget I need to check up on my business? I own my own holistic business and even though I don’t work on the weekend – boss privileges – I still need to know that everything is working order so a quick check in won’t do any harm.

I think I can hear Roy shuffling about upstairs, he’s a lazy bones. Only kidding, my man works his arse off and I guess it’s alright for him to sleep in a little late on a weekend. He enters the kitchen in nothing else but his boxer’s, Sweet heaven! Get me back to bed fast!

‘Morning hun.’ He kisses me ‘Any cereal for me?’

‘Yep, box in the cupboard and milk in the fridge, knock yourself out.’ Even though he makes me drool every time I still know not to spoil him that much, and besides I’m off to take a shower.

‘Oyi, where you going?’ He grabs my arm before I can escape.

‘Shower, then into town for my hair.’

‘You do know we’re going to...’

‘Going where?' I tease.

‘You know I’m not going to tell you that but you do know we are leaving at midday?’

‘I know my love and don’t worry I’ll be home way before then.’ I rush upstairs before he can protest.

This is my life and I love it and I hope that whatever our future holds from this day forth it can only get better. There is only one thing in my life that bothers me, that I wish I could change; the dreams. My dreams, my nights with the sea and the woman in the white wedding gown are the only things that bug me. If that could disappear then my life would be perfect!
 
Bio:
Iris Deorre started to write when she was seventeen. At the time it was a form of escapism. By the time she hit her twenties she was writing short stories and got one published in a women’s magazine. She went on to write short plays but after meeting a well-known author who taught a writers class her focus changed to Erotica. Her love for paranormal is what makes her combine the two.
She resides in the UK with her little girl.

The Whitby Ghost is the latest story from Iris Deorre.


Blurb:
Roy has a past he'd rather forget. To overcome it he takes his girlfriend Melisa to Whitby, the very place of his past that he is trying to forget. Roy believes it's the only way to move on and to forget it by moving on with his future, Melisa.

But something is lurking in Whitby, something that Melisa becomes sensitive to the minute they arrive. What she discovers is hard to swallow. What follows is a journey to the other side. Something she'd rather forget.

Will Melisa marry her boyfriend who refuses to talk about his past? Or will his past bring them closer?

Buy links
The Whitby Ghost Amazon UK
The Whitby Ghost Amazon US
The Whitby Ghost DE
 
Rachel and Iris, thank you for stopping in!

Have a Sparkling Day Everyone and I'll see you next week when exotic traveler and romance writer, R. Ann Siracusa, stops in!


Rebecca Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment