The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Diaries of a Determind Cook: Meatloaf Cordon Bleu

Good Morning!

Today I have a treat for you from the awesome site, allrecipes.com. I actually caught some flack for the Meatloaf Cordon Bleu recipe because no one in the house could understand how I was going to roll it up. Heeheehee I did it, and it was delicious!!!

Please let me know if you tried and enjoyed it as much as we did. :)

Meatloaf Cordon Bleu
Servings:8
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hour 15 min

Ingredients: 

2lbs extra-lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 sm onion, chopped 2 eggs, beaten
1/8 tsp garlic powder (I used real garlic)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 oz provolone cheese, sliced (being new at the cooking thing I didn't realize 4 oz is a 1/4 pound and I didn't put enough in LOL)
4 oz thinly sliced cooked ham

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs and onion. Season with garlic powder,salt and pepper. Pat the meat mixture out onto a piece of waxed paper, and flatten to 1/2 inch think. Lay slices of ham onto the flattened meat, and top with slices of cheese. Pick up the edge of the waxed paper to roll the flattened meat up into a log. Remove waxed paper, seal the ends and seam, and place the loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

3. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until the loaf is no longer pink inside.

Enjoy and have a Sparkling Day!
Rebecca Rose

This coming Tuesday I have Diane Escalera coming to visit me!  

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...this sounds pretty easy and like something my picky eaters might even like!
    Gonna try - will report back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good! I'd love to hear if they liked it!

    ReplyDelete