The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Monday, May 24, 2010

HAPPY MONDAY!!! Yes, it's Monday and the children are back to school and now it's time to get done all those things that over the weekend I was not able to accomplish.

I'm in the middle of reviewing a novel for a fellow author. She's reviewing mine and I have to say I'm pretty ecstatic about it. I've picked up my new book, Noble Deception, again. This book has been a favorite of mine since I first started writing it a few years ago. The concept is a secret but I can a sure you that you're going to love it! Then there's the third novel in my Divine Series. Boy, that pesty book is giving me some problems!  I don't know what to do with it. All my character keep yelling at me, the plot keeps changing, and I have rewritten the end THREE TIMES.

For those of you out there with the delusion that things come easily to us writers, I'm here to pop your bubble. Sometimes writing is an agonizing experience. It can keep you up at night and cause your mind to wonder at the worst possible moments. Also, can drive you nuts because your brain never turns off. It's a conscious effort on our parts not to make up stories when an interesting even is seen or talked about. Of course, anyone who has gone to a wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, graduation, child's birthday party, and celebrated the holidays knows this. LOL Trust me when I say, these are things us writer count on for our next books. Hhhmmm, maybe I just haven't been to something interesting enough to spark my writing muse to finish these little projects. Guess I'm off to crash a couple weddings!

Have a sparkling day!

Rebecca Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment