The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Talkin' Tuesday with Cristal Ryder

Good morning everyone and happy New Year! Christmas was great. My children were too much fun, as usual. Nothing like a lot of personalities in a small home. :)

Today I have the ever sexy Cristal Ryder discussing life, writing and when she doesn't want to read her own work anymore.


-Hello my northern friend! How's the weather in Toronto, Canada?
Right now its windy, chilly, full moon peeking out behind the clouds. Took pups for a walk and wished I'd worn boots instead of runners, the wind blew through the mesh and froze my feet.

-What's you favorite read and series?
Patricia Cornwell, Kay Scarpetta series. I've followed it since I first stumbled across Cruel and Unusual all those years ago. Wish I could write like that.
I believe wanting to write like that is what keeps us authors striving to be better. :)
-What/who got you reading?
My mom. She would prop her book against the tea pot, eat have her lunch and read for an hour - drove me crazy as a little kid. She also had "a little read" each night before turning out the light for bed.
And don't those 'little' reads turn into hours? LOL
 
-Too organized Plotter or Maniac Pantser?
I wish I could be organized. Queen of Chaos is me. I pants it but do have to develop some kind of control to keep my sanity.
You have sanity? Where can I find some?
 
-You have two college age boys. What do they think of your writing?
They think its pretty cool, the website, twitter and stuff. Not sure if they visit my sites and I'm pretty sure they're not reading it because that would mean they'd have to buy it!

-The Sexy plots in your stories are very *blushes* fun. Who/What inspires them?
They seem to pop into my head. Things that happen around me, or in a song, what people say. I never know where its going to come from and I email myself the idea and it goes in my idea folder. 
lol Email? Never thought of that. I usually call myself and leave a message. The kids love it! :)
-Is there any thing we all would be shocked to know about you?
Umm, maybe ;)
Not willing to share, eh? 

For Fun
Red & sexy or Black and mysterious?

Black and mysterious 

Wine with cheese or Beer with TV?
How about Wine in a hot tub and beer with hot wings :) 

Paperback or ebooks?
My book in paperback one day *fingers crossed*. I do have both.

Independent kitty cat or adoring lovable dog?
I'm a sucker for dogs. 

Great cook or master at ordering take out?
Great cook...at least I'd like to think so LOL 

What's your biggest pet-peeve, in the world, that makes you want to beat something/someone?
Waste, I can't stand how everything is disposable now. 


Back to Work
-Are you insanely organized or are there note written on everything?
I have an old fashioned style steno pad I keep notes in and date each new page. That way I can flip back and find what I'm looking for. Sadly, I keep all these note pads too, anal.
Creative minds are seldom tighty!

-What's the biggest misconception people have about you and your writing?
I have no idea. Good question.

-Do you ever get so overwhelmed you want to quit?
Sometimes, when there is so much going on and I don't feel I can balance it I tend to freeze up.
That's the worst! I go for long walks or hours at the gym when that happens.
 
-What part of writing makes you want to pull your hair out and scream like a banshee?
Final line edits - after its been scoured numerous times I just don't want to see it anymore.

-You've gotten a lot of really great reviews, what was it like when you received your first one?
Thank you! I'm very appreciative of the reviews. All I hope is that I tell a story someone enjoys. I remember reading the first one for No Fantasy Required and peeked at it through my fingers. I was expecting the worse and was so relieved to see the reviewer liked it.

-Any advice for aspiring writers?
Keep at it and don't let the little bumps along the way knock you off course. Keep learning.

Great advice! Cristal Ryder is sharing her sexy story, Being Ariana.
 

Being Ariana
  Is it better to get lost in your fantasy, or be found in another's?

Ellie Taylor lives her erotic dreams by masquerading herself as Ariana and visiting the Black Phantom. In this club where anything goes, she plans to perform onstage before an audience, building her sexual excitement to a fever pitch before selecting her man. But Ariana is sidetracked by a tall, blond masked maitre-d. He captivates her and all thoughts of performing are forgotten. He's every bit as domineering as Ariana and pushes her to her sexual limit. Their true identities concealed, they set out to use each other for pleasure--no risk of entanglement or commitment...but that may prove easier said than done.

Warning - Explicit sex/language, domination, bondage and kink.


 
Thanks for coming to visit me, Cristal! You can find her at http://www.cristalryder.com/
 Have a Sparkling New Year!
 Rebecca Rose 








1 comment: