The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas with Silke Juppenlatz!

I am a total scatterbrain these days.
Christmas is less than two weeks away, and I have nothing done.
But I have a wonderful excuse.
Christmas came early this year. On the 3rd December to be precise.
That's my Christmas and Birthday present for the next ten years.
Talk about procrastination, when all you can do is stare at that face.
But it means I get nothing done, and time is even more at a premium than normal. I work full time, now I have a horse to look after, all the Christmas stuff to do, presents to get and wrap... It's an endless list, and the calendar keeps creeping ever so close to "D Day". Panic tends to set in right about now. LOL.

Writing suffers this time of year, not just because of Oscuro (that's his name), even though he's a great excuse for not getting things done. 
I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds time is in short supply. We all run around getting presents -- if we know what to get people -- or decorating the house, planning ahead for Christmas Dinner, attend Christmas parties, possibly volunteer for something we don't really have time for... And before you know it, there is no time left for yourself, much less for writing. 
It drives me crazy, to be honest, and I'm usually glad when it's over, no matter how much fun I'm having. 
It's just nice to breathe again, without starting to hyperventilate because you forgot to pick up a present for X, because Y happened.
It's difficult to juggle life at the best of times. Around Christmas time, I find it almost impossible. I'd like a word with whoever decided 24 hours in a day is enough to get everything done.
I usually bake Stollen and cookies. Not this year. There just isn't time.
Curling up with a book? Yeah, I'd love to, but the moment I sit down -- I fall asleep. So much for reading.
It will all have to wait until after Christmas. (Except him up there, he demands food and exercise, Christmas or not.) 
But I intend to catch up then, as I suspect most people do. 
Is there a better way than to chill on the sofa with a good book? (Okay, I can think of a couple, but hey...)

My heroes would be unlikely Santas, but I think their time management would be a little better than mine. 
I think Zalin, from Howl, would rather run naked thorugh town than don a Santa suit.
Lucia would have fun with it though. (Especially if Zalin *did* run naked through town.) 
Tiffy... yeah, she'd be right in there too. But the hero from the sequel to Howl (Watch me), Keric, would make her wear a sexy elf outfit, if she made him get into a Santa suit. 
Ashriel from Smitten would be in his element, but he'd never let on that he enjoys it. Jo...would be far too shy and would hide behind Ash.
Howl is currently on sale over at Lyrical Press, so if you want a good read for those after Christmas sofa moments...Now is a good time to grab a copy. :)
But most of all -- Have a wonderful Christmas!
Howl by Silke Juppenlatz
When life hands you wolves — Howl. 
The alpha wolf in Zalin's pack is slowing going insane, which is tough enough to contend with, but the guy is gunning for the woman Zalin loves–the rancher's daughter who saved his hide. He's torn between taking off to avoid a confrontation with the Alpha, and sticking around to protect Lucia. Opening his heart to her is not an option– he's had enough rejection to last a lifetime.
Lucia is fascinated by the "wolf" she saved–at the time unaware he was more than a canine. Zalin seems out to save her from his Alpha, but she wants more than protection from him. When spilled family secrets make her doubt everything she knows, she turns to Zalin for stability, only to learn he's planning to leave.
Will Zalin desert the one he loves when she needs him most, or will he howl a challenge on her behalf?
Silke grew up in Germany and is used to things going bump in the night -- and it wasn't always the acrophobic cat, or someone hitting their head on a low beam on the ceiling. 
She writes paranormal romance, usually at night, but these days the only thing going bump at "oh-dark-thirty" is her -- usually when she smacks into the sofa while creeping to the kitchen for another cup of coffee. 

When she is not writing, she can be found on the back of her dapple gray Paso Fino, somewhere in the Surrey countryside.
Silke likes to hear from her readers.
Feel free to contact her via her blog at http://www.evilauthor.com, follow her on Twitter, look her up on Goodreads or become a friend on Facebook andG+.


Howl Her books Howl and Smitten are available at all major ebook retailers. Smitten

No comments:

Post a Comment