The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Friday!

Yeah, it's Friday! And while most people are celebrating the writer in me is wondering how I'm going to get everything done. A career in writing, as I've discovered, is more like-- run! stop! run! When writing a novel you pretty much have the freedom to go at your leisure, but when the editing process begins it's an entirely different story. This exercise in time management came as a surprise to me initially and one I know I've blogged about before, so I promise I won't go there again. :)  Nope, instead I'm going to talk about other thinks and let my mind wonder, which is my favorite thing to do.

Last night I got my second round of edits in for Divine Redemption and was given three days to complete them. The first thing I noticed is that I seemed to be using 'then' a lot. We all have our pet words and usually mine are, dude, man, just, wicked, and a few others that off the top of my head I can't remember. So, there I was reviewing my review when I started to laugh. Rebecca Rose speaks a little different from the Mom, Wife, taxi driver, and maid that I am on an everyday basis. Okay, maybe not maid, but I sure feel like one sometimes! LOL I also remembered the conversation which I had with my friend Charlotte a few days ago. She's a public speaker for the Dentist industry and sometimes has to speaks to over 400 people. The thought of this frightens me to no end. But she says when she's in front of all those people she's an entirely different person. Her voice carries, she has a confidence that eludes her in other areas of her life, and she likes this fact. It got me thinking about who I am when I'm writing and I noticed this-- sometimes it's Rebecca Rose who is writing these blogs, she's the woman who tells the tales of two people finding the love. While Becc is the one who sweats and has panic attracts before she speaks in front of people. Becc is also the one who hesitates when confronted with success because MY GOD! what if I actually make it!? LOL  But I'm comfortable with both these separate people that I am. I'm okay with having to fill out forms at my children's school which ask, 'Alias'? Becc hesitated the first time she saw this while Rebecca Rose gave a goodhearted smirk and signed the line.

Are there any other writers out there which feel they're two different people? Are there vast differences in them? I'd love to know I'm not alone in my craziness!

Have a Sparkling Day!
Rebecca Rose (Becc)

No comments:

Post a Comment