The Tales of a Contemporary Romance Writer


I also edit, critique, and blog. So, please be nosy and look around.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Aaahhh! Do I really have to?"
"Yup," my muse says.
"But I'm tired," I whine.
But Betsy doesn't give a flying f*#k. As far as she's concerned I don't need sleep because I'll get plenty of it when I'm dead. And since I don't plan on being that for quite awhile I need to get to work.

One of the things on top of Betsy and my list is this blog. I don't write on it nearly enough. Actually, I guest on other authors sites more than my own. I'm thinking there is something wrong with that. Then there is my website. I love my site. It's very tranquil and easy on the eyes. It took me eight months to create it and something I'm very proud of. Unfortunately, it doesn't represent who I am as a writer.

Rebecca Rose is an entirely different person from who I am everyday. She's fun, spontaneous, a little on the loud side, and tends to get in trouble quite often. LOL It was no big surprise when I attended the The Write Stuff Conference last month, and ended up at the 'Bad Table'. I wasn't even talking and ended up getting yelled at! LOL Trouble follows Rebecca Rose.

But I, Becc, am someone else entirely. I'm an observer, fiercely loyal, needs to be coxed into doing things for myself, and prefer to be alone. I drove a Crown Victoria Wagon, yes with the third row, for 7 years. Never was embarrassed by it. I only gave it up because it refused to work anymore. Plus, my oldest was going in middle school and how embarrassed would he be when I'd pick him up. I know I'd tell my mom to meet me down the block!

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that my website needs a make over. My boss, Renee Rocco of Lyrical Press, took a look at it and while she liked it, she told me that it did represent who Rebecca Rose was. She's right. Rebecca Rose would never put such a soft meadow green on her pages, she'd have something fun and eye catching. I guess it's back to the drawing board but I'm not going to fret, I'll just let Ms. Rose take over. :) Hope you like my new look!

Becc

No comments:

Post a Comment